- Build Quality
Once you get over the fact the case is plastic (most are anyway) you come to appreciate why this case is one of the most popular. It converts your internal drive into an external one. Plug and play, literally. Simple to use and installation is, in practical terms, inexistent. It just works. We would recommend this to anyone who wants to squeeze the life out of slightly older drives. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with this.
User Review( votes)
Sabrent 2.5inch SATA Enclosure – SATA to USB 3.0 Tool-free External Hard Drive Enclosure
Take advantage of the lightning speed of USB 3.0 to quickly transfer files up to 5 Gbps with the Sabrent 2.5inch SATA Enclosure. Connect any 2.5” Serial ATA (SATA) or SATA II Hard Drive to your computer through an available USB 3.0 port on your desktop or laptop. By formatting this case with a drawer function, you now get extra protection for your hard drive. Reverse compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1, this enclosure is a perfect solution for data transfers or data backup!
- Supports Standard Notebook 2.5″ SATA and SATA II Hard drives.
- Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps when connected to a USB 3.0 port.
- Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps when connected to a USB 2.0 port.
- Hot-swappable, plug and play, no drivers needed.
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Available USB 3.0 port on the computer to achieve full 5 Gbps transfer speeds.
- Available USB 2.0 port on the computer to achieve full 480 Mbps transfer speeds.
- Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit versions) MAC: OS X.
What’s in the box?
- Sabrent EC-UASP Hard Drive Enclosure
- USB 3.0 Cable
Looking for alternative 2.5″ HDD cases that better suit your needs? Check out our 2.5″ HDD housings page for more in-depth reviews.